Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 278556 times)

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2013, 13:29:27 »
@ dejan, mrav, sejfti i ostali koji igrate kakvi su dojmovi nakon apdejta?

Za vas s G2x serijom probajte ove postavke >

Ovaj lik ima Lotusa 2-eleven u stvarnosti, koristi ga za track day, evo njegovi dojmovi >

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lotus-2-eleven-assetto-corsa-vs-real-life.2652/

I thought some people might be interested in my initial thoughts on the new AC update's Lotus 2-Eleven, as I'm a former racing driver who now owns a 2-Eleven for track days and road use here in the UK. I've just done 15 laps on the sim:

I've just tried the 2-Eleven on AC at the track I last drove in it in real life, Silverstone International, and have just compared my replay from just now in Assetto Corsa with some in-car laps from the real track in my 2-Eleven that I filmed a couple of months ago (link below). Here are my thoughts:

Initially it felt 80-85% of the way there, but with a more stable back end (see the constant mid-corner correction required in the above video, although the rear tyres were over-heating in that clip) and slightly less weight transfer effects - the slides didn't get nasty as quickly as they do in the real car and the rear seemed a bit more stable. Then I reduced the rear wing to 6 degrees (the track only version presumably modelled in the sim has an adjustable rear wing, whereas my road version doesn't) and I took the front ARB down a notch to position 2 (I actually run full stiffness at the front in real life, but I noticed the sim has 4 positions, so maybe the track car has a different front ARB?). Now with those settings it feels very similar indeed to my 2-Eleven, and in the video/replay comparison it looks spookily similar. Lap times are about a second different (normally I'm about a second quicker in real life when I've done this sort of comparison before, due to the feel element, but this time it was the other way round- best lap in real life was a 1:16, whereas just now I did a 1:15), however it was my first ever time on the layout when I drove it back then and only my second trackday in the car and on AC I've been practising a fair bit at the circuit lately, so I'd say the lap times are bang on - if I went back in my real car I think I know where I could gain time and I think a 1:15 is doable straight away, and probably down into the 14s with time (same for the sim - I just did 15 laps). The real car has fully adjustable dampers all round (rebound and comp), which sadly isn't available in Assetto Corsa (a chink in the realism there - are the development team reading this? I can provide details if necessary); I'd also like to try increasing the damping at the rear end a bit (which is what I do to mine for trackdays, as per Lotus' recommendation), and I think it'd be 100% there then. Incidentally, the geo settings are exactly as per Lotus' recommendation in real life, which is nice, although strangely by default the car in the sim was showing assymetrical front geo numbers, even though the sliders looked the same - is that a bug? Oh, and the 2-Eleven doesn't sound quite as nice with the standard road exhaust compared to my motorsport one(the video above doesn't show it well cause I am running the cameras internal mic sealed up to stop it overloading on wind noise - a home grown ext mic mod is on the way), but I think that's the same as real life too actually; many owners have changed their exhausts from standard.

We need a setting for the seating position too - I'm about 6 inches shorter in the body than the sim driver must be (I look partly through the aeroscreen in real life) and I have the seat much further back cause of my long legs.

All in all, pretty good though, I'm very impressed!

Oh, and the 3D model is also bang on, right down to the stickers and plaque etc in the cockpit - nice work!

i video s njegovog zadnjeg track daya -
Silverstone International - Sep 10th 2013

Onda malo o P4/5 >

Quote from: Si3V - radi za Kunos
Tyres supersoft? that car is not meant to be used with supersoft tyres, and it's VERY underpowered by air restrictors. It has a great aero efficency and mechanical grip (tuned to be used with MUCH more power). It's meant to be driven (quite) easily for 24hours. One of the drivers who drove it the first year at the 24h of nurburgring is a Friend of mine. He was so disappointed by the power cut off they imposed 'em (IMHO not to risk they could win… they're not germans), they were passed on the straight by lower classes cars…There's no hidden TC… try to do a burnout, I just did many many donuts. And at the first brake I locked the tyres…

Quote from: Aris - radi za Kunos
As Simone (Si3v) the car is unfortunately very underpowered. Giovanardi the driver, told me: "you must be an idiot to spin with our car, it's very easy to drive" obviously exaggerating a bit, but he is a great fun guy :) Also consider those cars are made to do laptimes and last a long 24 hours, not to be "fun to slide around"

I na kraju info o gumama i temperaturama >

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-temperatures-and-wear.2723/

Road legal tyres
Street and semislicks are road legal compounds, used on the road. They wear out slightly. Their main problem is overheating, but after you have overheat them you can wait and start again, they can give similar grip even after lots of km's. In the end they will wear and lose grip totally.
Street tyres optimum temp: 75°C - 85°C but "easy" under and over those temps. Very easy to overheat after some laps on a circuit, especially on fast corners.
Semislicks: 75°C - 100°C but a bit less grip under that and overheat quite faster over that. They have more grip of course and can resist more fast laps, but do not like much abuse and drifting. They wear gradually and lose grip km after km.

GT2 slicks: The main difference of the GT2 cars is that manufacturers are actively developing tyres during the season and bring different compounds on the various tracks. We can't of course simulate specific compounds for specific tracks, but we offer 5 different compounds
SuperSoft: 90-105°C Don't like to be driven under or over that range. They wear out very fast
Soft : 90-105°C as Supersofts. they wear out fast
Medium: 85°C-105°C as supersofts over their range. They wear out in a linear gradual way
Hard: 80-100°C a tiny bit easier than supersoft outside their range but nothing too radical. They wear just a tiny bit after the initial laps and then stay quite stable for a long time until they start to lose lot's of grip
SuperHard: 80-100°C as Hards. They wear a tiny bit and stay stable for lot's of laps until they let go.

GT3 slicks. The biggest difference between GT2 and GT3 cars are their tyres. GT3 tyres are fixed for the whole season and the organization decides what tyres the car have to use. We provide 3 compounds that are not equivalent to their GT2 counterparts (worse).
Softs: 80-110°C . Wear VERY fast. We've been told that they were actually used only for a couple of times in qualifying.
Mediums: 75-105°C Wear linearly and predictably. all around tyre
Hard: 70-100°C Wear a tiny bit after a couple of laps and stay stable for a long sting. Not great grip but they are predictable and can be used in a wide variety of tracks and temperatures. Often "forced" by regulations on cars.

The hypercars slicks (Zonda R and 599XX) are a bit worse parents of the GT3 tyres. Let's say a generation behind. Rest of their characteristics is very similar to the GT3 tyres.

Vintage F1 67 Tyres
We provide just one compound for such tyres, although we learned there were actually different compounds. As a matter of fact, there is documentation reporting that Jim Clark choose the tyre that permit him to slide more for the race at Monza. Unfortunately there is not enough documentation for the compounds so for now we stick with just one compound. If anybody has more info regarding the matter, I'd be happy to discuss with it.
optimum range 50-90°C The tyres are good at low temps, and can withstand overheating pretty well. The tyre wear is gradual, you can expect to do a full race without problems, except if you overdrive and overheat them too much.

The tyre ranges are not perfect ranges but a min max range that you might not be able to understand a difference in tyre grip. Temperatures are also vary quite widely from straight to inside a turn, so optimally you need a tyre that stays at the lower end of the optimum temperature just before the braking zone and at the higher end of the optimum temperature at the exit of the turn. Not so easy to obtain.
In AC going outside the optimum range, doesn't mean the car will become undriveable. This characteristic is a double sword. You might think the car is good, but you're not driving on the optimum grip, so you'll lose time without understanding it. There's depth to be found and explored within the AC tyre model.

Another hint for tyre temperatures, as in real life, use more camber to heat faster a part of the tyre tread and then this dissipate to the rest of the tyre. More camber, more heat, less camber, less heat.

Hope you find it interesting.

Assetto Corsa Gameplay - NEW Lotus 2-Eleven @ Imola Circuit

Offline Mrav1337

• GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
  • PSN id: Mrav1337
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2013, 16:02:40 »
Nakon updatea sinoc nisam puno vozio ,ali je dojam na volanu sa prijašnjim postavkama i novim updateom još bolji.
Danas sam već pripremio te postavke pa cu testirat kada dođem doma sa posla.

Vozio sam sva 3 auta pagani je brutalan, p4 drži cestu nevjerovatno do onog trenutka kada baš pretjeraš  ;D. Lotus je extra.... prebacivanje težine upravljivost ma nemam rječi.
Mugello također super. Iako sam na imoli 99% vremena.
Kasnije sam završio sa bmw m3 na drift stazi dobrih pola sata :D

Offline toni_cro

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: toni_cro
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2013, 16:49:59 »
baš mi je drago vidjeti kako se lijepo razvija ova igra
također reakcija ljudi koji imaju auto u stvarnosti i onda taj auto isprobaju na igri je najbolji review fizike
www.motori.hr

if in doubt, go flat out

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2013, 16:57:57 »
baš mi je drago vidjeti kako se lijepo razvija ova igra
također reakcija ljudi koji imaju auto u stvarnosti i onda taj auto isprobaju na igri je najbolji review fizike

Definitivno :)

Assetto Corsa Beta vs Project CARS Build 612 - Pagani Zonda R at Silverstone International

U AC je laserski skenirana staza, u pC nije.

Offline Mrav1337

• GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2013, 20:23:31 »
Samo da potvrdim da je g25 postavka puno bolja, jedino mi je malo pretvrda na bmw e30 al navikneš se.
Mogli smo napravit neki thread za hotlap vremena. Čisto da vidimo kako nam ide  ;D

Npr odaberemo par staza i auta za tekući tjedan ? Kao seasons u gt5

Offline Voss

• Slightly Mad
  • GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2013, 20:35:32 »
AC je fenomenalna, i sve bolja i bolja! Od kad sam poceo vozit nemogu se vise vratit u iRacing.

Evo nekih mojih vremena:

Imola
458        1:54.3
E92        2:09.1
X Bow    1:58.2

Valelunga
E30       1:58.3
E92       1:53.7
458       1:44.7
X Bow   1:46.3

Offline dr_Primus

• GTS Full Member
  • Primarius
  • PSN: dr_Primus
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2013, 20:40:33 »
Mislim da smo konačno dočekali da PC vožnje osim fizike (koja je uvijek bila realnija) imaju i ostale komponente koje su konzolaške vožnje učinile tako popularnima.
Samo da im online komponenta bude dobra i da imaju neki ekvivalent seasonal challengea ili rivalsa.
Vozi miško

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2013, 02:08:50 »
Assetto Corsa: Lotus 2 Eleven at Silverstone International VS. Real

Jako impresivno :)

Offline Safety-_-Car

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID: Safety-_-Car
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2013, 12:57:05 »
Prekjučer sam malo vozio taj Lotus. Nevjerojatno koliko je dobro simuliran osjećaj stvarnosti :o. Ko da stvarno voziš na stazi. I ne samo taj Lotus, nego i ostali auti u igri. Jedino mi se Zonda nije baš dojmila.
Vozio sam na pravoj stazi, pa mogu donekle usporediti RL i simulaciju.

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2013, 15:07:21 »

Offline Mrav1337

• GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2013, 15:43:21 »
Taman sam htio rec, i ja sam glasa za Hondu. Ali kako se čini teško će biti protiv talijana, alfe i špageti auta  ;D

Offline Mrav1337

• GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2013, 18:03:21 »
Kako stvari stoje u petak ide update.
Zasad su na facebook izbacili slike evore i mclarena i napisali "Are you ready for this"
Jedva čekam vidit hill climb stazu.

Lotus Evora:

Mclaren MP4-12C

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2013, 21:25:45 »
Novi update sutra, 3 auta, 2 staze i ostala poboljsanja, vidi ovdje >

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-second-update-content-revealed

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member