Author Topic: Introducing forum: lllPURElllRacing Evolution  (Read 19369 times)

Offline FEDROwhatISgood

• The Organizator
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • Svi bi mi htjeli biti TOMIVAV :D
Introducing forum: lllPURElllRacing Evolution
« on: September 04, 2012, 21:20:00 »
I was very fortunate during this year’s summer slump :)

As I finally had a bit more time on my hands, I set of on realizing one of my biggest wishes when it comes to GT community.
That is to find communities like our own “GT Surgeons” from other parts of the world and get them a bit closer.

For most part such forums are fully dedicated to fair play, creative use of what little online tools GT5 has provided us with (for now), hard core approach when it comes to cars and driving…
Such forums are tipicaly not too big, making it easier for them to maintain those qualities in “Pure” form :D
So these kind of communities can only benefit from better cooperation.

I didn’t know that at the same time, another GTSurgeon (Safety-_-Car) was just getting involved in some racing on a French GT forum, and that he also met another new friend that will soon bring us all into contact with an Italian GT forum – but he will tell you more about that in another topic, and I should get back to this one…

So, first I went to browse a little through GTPlanet, to see what’s happening in the ”world”. While I was thinking about how to derive some approach that will help me recognize biggest enthusiasts among them, I posted couple of post just to do something, without expecting too much.

But as I said, I was really fortunate that “some guy called Wardez” (aka Eddie) took notice of them and posted back. He was very welcoming indeed and also didn’t spare compliments towards our “Surgeons” community and founder Amar (said that he was already quite familiar with both).  
He was the only one to post back in fact for quite some time – but it turns out that was all it took to get me exactly where I was supposed to go… To “PURE” forum 8)

That should be all from me. I would like to leave it to members of PURE to truly complete the picture about their forum, it’s goals, etc with their own additional posts… As soon as we provide them with more practical way to register and then post in this thread!

And everyone here is looking forward to getting to know all of PURE’s members and enjoy GT Life together :)  
PSNid- PhaedrusSocrates:"EAT MY GRAINING!" 8)

Imamo samo jedno spasonosno rješenje..... odbiti isporuku Perkovića... objavit Nijemcima rat i odmah se predat.

Offline Wardez

• Stazist Vulgaris
Re: Introducing forum: lllPURElllRacing Evolution
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:27:50 »
Very glad you got in touch with us Fedro. It's hard finding groups of drivers that are as dedicated to the same spirit as we are, it's what really makes the game grow past its prime.

For a short introduction: I'm the co-founder of Pure, Edward Gomez. 2012 GT Academy United States Silverstone finalist, motorsports enthusiast, sci-fi and paranormal dork, and now have a new-found passion in organizing championships and events for others to enjoy. Pure came together, like most good things, on a whim. I was racing in a big mixed class GT5 Super GT series last year during the summer and was having a good time, then after a while I encountered something that really woke me up to what I was doing. I had an on track altercation with a fellow racer in our Monaco round, he punted me, shoved me into the walls, squeezed me out, constantly cut me off when I had a clean pass and sent me into damage. I got so mad I couldn't even see straight, that was the only time I've ever rage quit. I realized I wasn't having fun anymore so I quit, right then and there and never looked back to that particular organization.

People were shocked because I was one of the main members of the league (WSGTC) and they saw me as one of the very few reliable and consistent administrators. A few PM'ed me begging for me to say but I just let them know what my principals were and they understood. But then I got a very exciting PM from a good friend of mine that was also an administrator, Dennis Hortin. He PM'ed me and a couple of the other few drivers who were consistently clean and made an offer, " Let's forget about all of these people ruining our races, let's make a private championship." And that ended up being the best series we ever ran; PURE | Japanese Grand Touring Series. GT500 racing at its absolute best, the funnest, closest, cleanest racing we could ever imagine, it was a great thing. After that, we decided we wanted others to have just as much fun so we began helping each other run series on GT Planet. If one of the core members of Pure wanted to try a new series we would give our full support and start racing with them, then we would help them with racing incidents and solving other matters that came along with running a successful championship. We did it because it was fun for us. After a while we started to gain a great reputation for clean driving, respect, and dedication to serious organized racing in GT5. After a while we were invited into a all-forum GT500 championship where we would put together our 3 fastest drivers to pit them against the 3 fastest hand-picked drivers from across all of the various GT500 leagues on GT Planet in order to battle it out in one race to see which league was best - we finished 1-2-3. It was a great achievement and gave us that much more of a reputation. Now, a year later, we've run more than a dozen successful championships, spot races, and endurance events and plan on doing many more to come. We're currently dedicated all of our focus and strength into the Pure Japanese Grand Touring Series 2, follow up to the incredibly successful first season - it's invitation only, but any GT Surgeons that would like to race in it are more than welcome, you're all good to race in our book, we pour our hearts and souls into our series. Link here: http://bit.ly/purejgts2

Whether in GT5, GT6, pCars, Assetto Corsa, or whatever our drivers go - we will be there.

Fedro approached me a while back asking if we'd be interested in running the innagrual cross-forum championship founded by GTS. I thought it was a great idea and am fully dedicated to organizing and seeing it come to light. Racing it would be the best though :)

Cheers.

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 11:49:22 »
Hello Edward and welcome in behalf of GTSurgeons community!

First congratulations on your achievements and your Pure community - both are very known in Croatia!

I hope you and members of Pure will find nice challenge from our Croatian community and GTS is looking forward in both participating and reading post-race results.

Regards,

Amar

Offline Troma

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: martin_troma
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:15:28 »
Welcome Edward! :)
Finally, in one sentence, what did Formula One mean to you Mark?
Tricky... It was precision. It was the pinnacle.

Offline Wardez

• Stazist Vulgaris
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:25 »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Looking forward to seeing more of every one :D

Offline tpe-rus

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID: tpe-rus
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 13:02:33 »
Glad to se you here Edward :)

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 14:49:28 »
Edward, we're very, very happy that you decided to come here and see how are we doing... You've done a hell of a job with PURE and keep it going, never stop.  :)

This championship... I really hope we will make it happen. There is no reason why we shouldn't.

Welcome and cheers! Have a good time here.  :D
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."

Ayrton Senna

Offline DogZy

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 18:07:54 »
Nice to meet you Wardez, I wish you a good time here and also would like to say I hope seeing many of your colleagues right here, at GTS.
Kind regards,
Domagoj "DogZy"
You are aiming for just one sweet spot in the corner. It's the point where centrifugal and cornering forces reach their equilibrium, where they are all at once replaced with acceleration.
APEX - The invisible vertex of a corner, a place where the fastest lap times are recorded.