Author Topic: Introducing Forum: GTSeries - Professional PS3 Racing Community  (Read 23138 times)

Offline Bradders

• Stazist Vulgaris
Hello :)

I am the administrator as a PS3 Racing Community called GTSeries. GTSeries has community forums and racing leagues and events on many PS3 Racing Games however our main game of choice is Gran Turismo 5 due to the range of cars,tracks and settings.

All of the GTSeries Leagues and Events are well-organised by either myself or any of the staff members. GTSeries features a "Super License" feature which users must apply for before they can race.

The community was founded in May 2012 and currently has 43 members. Recently the forum passed 1000 forum posts.

Currently, GTSeries has multiple GT5 Leagues on offer:
- International Touring Car Cup : The International Touring Car Cup features any car that is like a touring car. For the current season, Mini Cooper S '07's are used, however next season, a completely new car and set of regulations will be used. Season 2 is in progress however sign ups are still open for the remaining rounds.

- World Caterham Cup: The World Caterham Cup involved the much-loved Caterham 7 Fireblades. The quick handling cars allows for close racing, however 1 mistake may end your race in the gravel trap. Season 2 will be starting sometime after Christmas however we are waiting for a few more GT5-Commited members.

- Global Karting Series: The Global Karting Series includes 100cc Karts. Both GT5 and Custom Tracks are used to deliver the best tracks for the karts. The racing is fierce and times are close. There are 3 races per round and the 2nd and 3rd round have a reversed grid. Season 1 starts on Friday so you better sign-up quickly for Round 1!

- World Supersport Series: The World Supersport Series has powerful cars and currently has 60 minute races. Many of the cars used in the league will be Race Modified. For Season 1, Acura NSX '91's are being used and they are race-modified to show the true beauty of the 90's classic. Season 1 is currently ongoing, however the final 4 rounds of the season will not happen until we have more members. Future seasons will use different cars.

We also offer special events at GTSeries. In the past, we have had the "2 Heures du Mans", "The Green Hell" and "Go Go Go Karting!". Also on GT5, we have a "Star In A Reasonably Priced Car" time trial event which is based off the British Top Gear!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GTSeriesOnline/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GTSeriesCommunity

Here are a few pictures plus a video of an awesome World Caterham Cup Race!

Offline Kimi

• The Gentleman
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN id: KimiHR
Re: Introducing Forum: GTSeries - Professional PS3 Racing Community
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 18:35:40 »
Hello and welcome to you and to all members of the GTSeries  community
Very nice race with Caterham , and nice photos.

Here are a few of our race, for your welcome

GT Surgeons GT5 online race / Toyota Supra RZ-Grand Valley Speedway

Gran Turismo 5 gtsurgeons online race /Deep Forest - Honda CR-Z TC

Gran Turismo 5 gtsurgeons online race Grand Valley East Mazda RX-7 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Offline Goodwolf

• GTS Full Member
  • Stazist Vulgaris
  • PSN: Goodwolf_
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 00:58:39 »
Hi! I think I see something familiar. Is your PSN MrBv256.  :)
CRORBR Prvak - 2014
CRORBR Viceprvak - 2013, 2012
RDRC Team Championship Winner - 2013

Offline DogZy

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:09:01 »
Greetings Bradders ( and other members of GTSeries) and welcome to Gran Turismo Surgeons forum. Looking forward seeing each other on the track one day :)
You are aiming for just one sweet spot in the corner. It's the point where centrifugal and cornering forces reach their equilibrium, where they are all at once replaced with acceleration.
APEX - The invisible vertex of a corner, a place where the fastest lap times are recorded.

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:38:15 »
Greetings Bradders ( and other members of GTSeries) and welcome to Gran Turismo Surgeons forum. Looking forward seeing each other on the track one day :)

Possibly very soon in upcoming championships!  :)
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."

Ayrton Senna

Offline Bradders

• Stazist Vulgaris
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:24 »

Correct Goodwolf. We have raced before  ;D

Offline FEDROwhatISgood

• The Organizator
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • Svi bi mi htjeli biti TOMIVAV :D
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 17:34:44 »
Welcome Bradders and Welcome "GT Series - Racing Community" 8)

This is incredible that you have reach out to Surgeons in such way :D Most of us expetected that we will usually have to make first contact from "our side", but it's definatly even better to see someone else taking first steps.
You all are obviously truly well organized and focused and there are many things we can share among us.

Now, there are certean things I shold have done first day you posted, but I have been having some crazy virus stuff (still have it, but somehow moving along ;) )

You are very welcome to join any of our series as well to invite us to any of you own. Besides our current series, we are preparing one quite special that might start in January (definetly not before).
It's called "Cross-Forum World Championship" and we have written a specific Invitational Letter to be sent to any forums that might be interested in making this event even better.
1st.Gran Turismo Cross-Forum World Championship
example of Invitation

Because main idea is that all forums have equal chance to take part as host in the folloving championships and in that way promote shareing and cooperation among "GT" forums...
(There are some simpler races on tuesdays and fridays, that were set up just so we have some place to hang out we cross-forum friends until we organize enough participants for bigger tournaments).

It would be pleasure to register to your Forum, and to officialy send you that Invitation.
If you could just please point me or give me link to some topic where Invitation would fit best.

It is great to have a chance to get to know you guys, we really need each other. Especially now it's getting harder to find enough participants, at least until one day GT6 comes 8)
PSNid- PhaedrusSocrates:"EAT MY GRAINING!" 8)

Imamo samo jedno spasonosno rješenje..... odbiti isporuku Perkovića... objavit Nijemcima rat i odmah se predat.

Offline Goodwolf

• GTS Full Member
  • Stazist Vulgaris
  • PSN: Goodwolf_
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 17:54:46 »

Correct Goodwolf. We have raced before  ;D
Great to see you here Bradders. Best of wishes and I hope we'll race again. It was always fun.  ;D
CRORBR Prvak - 2014
CRORBR Viceprvak - 2013, 2012
RDRC Team Championship Winner - 2013

Offline Bradders

• Stazist Vulgaris
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 19:49:13 »

It would be pleasure to register to your Forum, and to officialy send you that Invitation.
If you could just please point me or give me link to some topic where Invitation would fit best.

Go to www.gtseries.forumatic.com and make an account there. Then log-in and post a forum thread in the GT5 Community > GT5 Discussion section.

Also, If you want to look at exactly when all of our leagues and events are, go to the "Racing Calender" which can be easily found on the homepage. :)

PS: For the World Supersport Series on GT5, teams are allowed. Maybe you could make a GTSurgeons Racing Team and take part in the final 4 rounds?  :) The rest of the season will take place near the start of 2013.

Offline kiseli6

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID : kiseli6
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 22:38:17 »
Hello.
ONU ISTU NAŠU KOŠULJU PRIPREMI
NA TAVAN JE STAVI ZA MENE JE SPREMI
BIT ĆE ONA OPET I SINU PO MJERI
KAO ŠTO JE BILA MOM DJEDU I MENI