Author Topic: (PS3 X360) Resident Evil 5  (Read 20115 times)

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
(PS3 X360) Resident Evil 5
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:16:00 »
Resident Evil 5 draws ever-nearer. And yet, with every step we take towards the game, it only feels like more of its details are cloaked in mystery. In a effort to bring some of the game to life, we sat down with producer, Jun Takeuchi, to pick eat his brain of all things RE5 related. Did we slowly amble towards him for the eventual score? Or did he hit us with a headshot of silence? The end result is a bit of a mix.

Q: This is the first time, GTA aside, that a game has brought a dialog about race into the gaming industry because of the context of the game. How do you find yourselves dealing with the issue?

A: You know, in terms of how we approach it, we chose Africa as a setting for very specific reasons. We’re in the business of making entertainment and not making political messages, so we’re just trying to make an interesting new product. Rather than do anything or approach the issue itself, we just kind of feel that people got the wrong impression from the first trailer. Maybe it was just a little bit of a mix-up, but we hope that with what you see today and in the future, that you will get the right impression--and a better understanding--of the game.

You know, we went to Africa to do research for the game and what we saw there we’re putting down in the game itself… I don’t think [the race issue] is just because it’s a videogame. This kind of problem appears in any form of media: television, books, whatever. It’s very difficult to use Africa as a setting for an entertaining product. But, that’s what we’re going with.,/p>

Q: We saw a lot of cool weapons in the game today, is there a name for that giant hammer that guy was swinging around? Will you be able to wield it in the game?

A: As for the name of the weapon itself or the character [that wields it], we haven’t actually finalized any of the names. So, if you have any ideas, send us an email and that might end up being the final name.

We don’t have any plans for you to be able to be using it yourself. I mean, even with Chris’ buffed up arms… (laughter).

Q: I’m curious about the inventory system… Is RE5 going to have a different approach to the inventory system used in previous games?

A: We are pretty much in the middle of working through that and deciding how that’s going to be used. Actually, today we had the menu system masked so we’re still not entirely sure how that’s going to work ourselves. Today we could switch weapons in real time but we can’t 100% confirm that that’s how the final game will end up.

Q: When you’re bringing a game to the next generation of consoles what sort of changes to the game itself are you making to take advantage of the hardware?

A: The next-gen consoles allow you to do a lot of things with polygons and things like that, but one of the things that the next-gen consoles have allowed us to do that we haven’t done before is in creating bright, outdoor environments. So now we can use all kinds of different filters and improved lighting systems and make those environments much more realistic.

Q: Along those lines… Horror games have utilized dark settings and creepy areas to do the job of creating fear, what kind of approach do you have to take when making horror in daylight?

A: You can’t approach horror in bright areas the same way that you do in dark areas. The whole game isn’t just bright areas--there are many dark areas--and what we are trying to do is create one sense horror in the dark, a more traditional sense of horror. In the bright areas it’s sort of action-based, a different kind of [horror].

Q: Are you keeping the quick-time events during cutscenes in RE5?

A: Yes, we are. And they will also be much more active than they were in the previous game.

Q: From what you showed today, there seems to be a big emphasis on destructible environments. How will that influence the gameplay as the game progresses? Such as finding alternate routes through walls?

A: We may have things like finding new routes by breaking down a wall, but the main way that is going to be used in gameplay is to take away the safe spots for the player. So a player goes into a building and hides behind a wall thinking, “Oh, thank God, I’m safe,” but they’ll actually see the environments get knocked down and eliminate the hiding places. That’ll increase the amount of fear they’ll experience in the game.

Q: We saw a couple new locations in the trailer today: one that looked like ancient ruins and another that was a flooded basin with stilted houses. Are those located in Africa or might Chris be traveling out of the continent in RE5?

A: Chris will not be going out of Africa, but compared to previous games in the RE series, you are going to be able to travel to many locations in Africa and you’ll be able to travel a little bit further than in previous games. At E3 you’re going to see a trailer with many different locations in it.

Q: Any chance of Co-op?

A: (After some glances at the PR person in the room) Right now I don’t have anything to say about that. All I can say is just wait for E3.

There you have it. Looks like there were a few juicy chunks in there. If we can take silence for information, I’d say we have plenty of announcements to look forward to soon at E3.     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3mSpmLJS3U
you just cant live in that                                                    negative way...make way                                                   for the positive day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDE3zPNz9VA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtbhmQhsXg

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
Re: (PS3 X360) Resident Evil 5
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:37:48 »
you just cant live in that                                                    negative way...make way                                                   for the positive day

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:19 »
gameplay video:

Offline STINGer

• Autohtoni Dalmatinski Grintavac
  • Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:52:15 »
Ovo je zadnji kojeg gledam, više neću da si ne kvarim gušt. Jedino sam pretužan što su napravili od ove igre... šmrc

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 13:40:12 »
Ovo je zadnji kojeg gledam, više neću da si ne kvarim gušt. Jedino sam pretužan što su napravili od ove igre... šmrc
Pa ne izgleda mi loše ???

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 13:42:04 »
Ne vizualno, već koncepcija igre koja je sada postala obična napucačina... run & gun

Offline Tomivav

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID: Tomivav
Re: RESISTANCE 2
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 19:58:37 »
Kolko sam vidio na e3, sve se svelo na ubijanje velike kolicine zombija. Kooperativno, velika stvar. Igro sam prije RE, ne znam koji, neki stariji na PC-u i to je bio survival horror. Ovo je FPS, odnosno TPS.
“While racing the 24 hours of Nurburgring, you can smell people’s barbecues — we couldn’t recreate that.” — Kazunori Yamauchi

Offline zenkaipower

• GTS Full Member
  • Uvazeni Docent
  • PSN ID ZENKAIpower
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 20:46:49 »
Mehanika igre je skoro kopija proslog nastavka...

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:52:30 »
Kotaku je nedavno imao jedan u nizu svojih clanaka u stilu "samo mi znamo, svi ostali ne znaju, hehe" u kojem je tip tvrdio kako ce RE5 imati jos jedan nacin kontrole likova, ali bez ikakvih racionalnih detalja o tome.

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 11:01:51 »
Jel to rasta počeo pisati za njih?

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:08:01 »
Jel to rasta počeo pisati za njih?

A ti vjerovatno nemaš pametnijeg posla ;D

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 20:40:35 »
 Japan PS3 Buyers Get Resident Evil 5 Demo Disc

Last week we discovered a Japanese Resident Evil 5 demo for the Xbox 360. Now PlayStation 3 buyers can get hold of a limited edition disc including the demo. Snazzy.

We presumed the demo would be a timed Xbox exclusive, and although Capcom stated that there would of course be a PlayStation 3 demo, they made no attempt to rule out the possibility that the Xbox 360 would get it first.

And if December 5th is the day it arrives on Xbox Live, Microsoft's console still might be first, since a new PlayStation 3 promotion will only begin from the 18th Decemeber.

The promotion states that if you buy the console in Japan you'll be given the choice of two demo discs, the Red or White version. One looks much more exciting than the other, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

Whether this means that the Resident Evil 5 demo will come to the PlayStation Store around a similar time, I have no idea.

Patrick Steen

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/buy-ps3-in-japan-get-resident-evil-5-demo-$1252414.htm

Offline Outsider

• GTS Full Member
  • Gospon Doktor
  • PSN ID - Gantrfaxx
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 10:38:21 »
Meni je četvorka bila prejebena igra. Istina da to više nije onaj stari Resi ali sam u četvorci uživao do bola.

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 13:51:16 »
Odigrao reda radi... priznajem samo prva tri, zero i code veronica

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 13:25:36 »
Izašao je demo za X360, dva nivo-a od kojih je jedan onaj koji se mogao vidjeti na onim filmićima di se guraju ormari na vrata i prozore... Ukratko, razočaran sam. Resi je postao obični shooter, čak i više od 4-ke. Prije se bar moglo ulaskom u meni opreme zaustaviti igra i promjeniti oružje, izliječiti se i sl. Sada ne, već ste izloženi napadima dok pokušavate uzeti pušku ili se nasprejati lijekom. Tu je i kolegica koja često zna zapeti u gužvi pa je treba izvlačiti... Municije nikad dovoljno.

Vidjeti ću kakva će biti finalna verzija, ali nekako imam dojam da bi ovo mogao biti prvi Resi kojeg neću odigrati do kraja. Stvar spašava kooperativni mode, ali je pitanje da li će se cijela karijera moći odigrati tako jer nekako sumnjam da će baš cijelu igru uz vas biti "ispomoć"...