Author Topic: (M) Shift 2: Unleashed  (Read 91675 times)

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
(M) Shift 2: Unleashed
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:53:53 »
Shift 2: Unleashed
PS3 X360 PC
izlazi: Q2 2011

EA’s just formally announced Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed for PS3, 360 and PC for spring 2011.

Like last time round, the game’s being developed by Slightly Mad Studios.

A new engine will be included as well as an innovative helmet camera view and the next-gen version of Autolog, introduced in Criterion’s Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

The first trailer for the game is a bonus feature on Hot Pursuit, but is available to watch below.

GameSpot napravio kratki preview:

Our guide for the demo session was DICE's Marcus Nilsson, Shift 2 Unleashed's executive producer, and the man who's overseeing the whole project. DICE may now be best known for the Battlefield series, but at one time it was also the force behind Microsoft's critically acclaimed driving series Rallisport Challenge. Eagle-eyed fans will have also spotted the Swedish studio's involvement in a number of other EA games recently, including Medal of Honor and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Nilsson's role here is to lead London's Slightly Mad Studios through development of the game, under the watchful eye of Electronic Arts senior VP Patrick Soderlund.

Quote:
It's a bold claim that the game will take on both Forza and Gran Turismo--Forza 3 won our driving game of the year award in 2009, while Gran Turismo 5 had the luxury of over five years development time. That said, Nilsson is bullish about the game's sim credentials, even if reaching a high number of cars isn't his main aim. Instead, his focus is on what he calls "the driver's battle"--heading into a corner at night at 150mph should induce pure terror, according to the Swede.

Quote:
This time around, the helmet cam will also aid your driving, moving automatically to look into a corner as you approach, mimicking the behaviour of real drivers. The crashes will also be even more realistic this time around, with Nillson claiming that the team has innovated at the core of the game, resulting in an improved physics engine this time around.

Quote:
Anyone who's played Hot Pursuit should be pleased to hear that Autolog, the social engine that we said "does a great job of constantly comparing you to your friends and compelling you to compete with them" in our review, is a big part of Shift 2 Unleashed as well. You'll be given a profile, gallery, friends and a wall, and Autolog will constantly update to feed you with friend activity that you can compete against. You'll also be able to upload pictures for your friends to see, as well as comment on their achievements, or taunt them when you've beaten them, and the Autolog system will stretch its tentacles online so you can see what's happening from your web browser even when you're away from the game. Like Hot Pursuit, Shift 2 Unleashed will also feature an point-based experience system that will see your driver levelling up as you progress.

Vise slika ovdje:
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/shift2/screenshots

Potom bar nadobudnih, pretencioznih i pomalo glupavih PR izjava iz usta EA producenta Patricka Soderlunda:

"The Shift series will be in direct competition with Gran Turismo and 'absolutely will beat it' in terms of driving authenticity."

"If you look at the differences between the current games we have on the market, Obviously Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo, there is a big difference in those two products and they will share audiences to some extent. But at the same time I would think that they also have non-overlapping significant audience that won't buy Gran Turismo but will buy Need For Speed and obviously vice versa."

"But if you compare Shift and Gran Turismo, I actually do see Shift as a direct competitor to Gran Turismo for sure."

"Honestly, my take on this. Would I want to compete with Gran Turismo on sheer scale - meaning number of cars and the depth that they have in the game? Probably not.

"What does make sense to me... I think they have a very sterile, almost car collecting type of product where that's mainly what we do and I think we can offer something different," he continued.

"Our idea is that if we can offer the most authentic driving experience and portray what it feels like being inside a race car, then I think that's where we can excel and where we absolutely will beat them. That I know for sure."

Zasto glupavih? Pustimo sav PR-crap na stranu - zbog ovoga:

In an interview with Official Xbox 360 Magazine, Nilsson was asked if the development team was chasing 60 FPS performance.

He replied by saying that he believed developers made a choice between bland graphics, pointing to Forza and Gran Turismo as examples, or pushing consoles whilst taking a slight performance hit.

"You have to make a choice with today's tech. Either you go for - and this is harsh but it's what I think - the bland graphics of GT and Forza, or you try to push the bar for what consoles can do," said Nilsson.

"That's what Slightly Mad is doing, and hence the decision was made to aim for 30 frames," he added.

Dakle, jos malo glavobolje ;D

+ jos jedan veci interview na zadanu temu:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-30-nfs-shift-2-we-wont-add-1000-irrelevant-cars-interview

Sto je bitno:

- nove staze i auti
- jos vise razbijanja - novi damage engine
- promjena dana/noci
- implementacija Autologa
- izlazi unutar iducih 5 mjeseci

Pa bumo vidli, ne? ;D

Offline Ikral

• +1
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • Man who wasn't there
Re: (M) Shift 2: Unleashed
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:01:20 »
Bumo, ali samo demo. Da imam ultrasuperhiperjebenojaku PC kantu, pa daa mogu to u Full detaljima na min. 60 fps vozit, dao bih mu šansu. Ovako, ništa do GT6.

Offline crorastafa

• Gran Rastafara
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • peace and love
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:29 »
Samo cu se nasmijati na njihove izjave to je standardno od EA  ;D ;D
you just cant live in that                                                    negative way...make way                                                   for the positive day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDE3zPNz9VA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjtbhmQhsXg

Offline dejan041

• GTS Full Member
  • Primarius
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04:56 »
sve je to ok sto se EA tice,al ja sam se super zabavio na prvom dijelu,sa volanom i sa normalnom ekipom to je bila jedna solidna igra...

Offline STINGer

• Autohtoni Dalmatinski Grintavac
  • Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 18:25:40 »

Offline dejan041

• GTS Full Member
  • Primarius
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 19:31:24 »

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 19:43:37 »
Do GT6 jedina ;D

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 09:56:11 »
Evo prvih konkretnijih informacija oko vrlo zanimljivih stvari - s VirtualR portala:

"The race and drift physics use the same system now. We have made changes to the input system and we bump the power a little in drift to make it possibly in lower powered cars, but apart from that, they now use the same code all the way."

"30 FPS is console specific. I'm running a nice steady 60 on PC here. We have though completely rewritten the render to be deferred. This allows us multiple lights among other things but the ability of the engine to allow multiple shadows casting and cascading from all objects is where we're really pushing the limits with it. It will need a better PC than Shift but in exchange you get the best looking racer on PC (in our humble opinion) plus a physics engine running at 360Hz."

"Yup, lots of tuning. All cars can be upgraded all the way to Works level.

The handling is more challenging, and more fun IMO."

"We'd love to do a crazy sim with crazy sim features down to the fluid dynamic level. The problem is publishers don't want to pay for them right now. We're aiming to beat GT5 in the sim stakes on the consoles though this time."

"We've reworked the FFB so it transmits the effects directly from the steering column in a different way than before. It's a big improvement. "

"[...]The problem is that top line games (ie those that compete with the competition) cost 10-25 million dollars. It's hard to get that together to own your own IP. We have some cool concepts though and all being well you'll be hearing of some new stuff from us starting soon."

"We've made huge strides in the physics for Shift 2. The elite mode is the best racing I've ever had. "

"We read every forum pretty much. Initially it would get to us but we've learned that even those cursing us are at least giving us attention, showing some passion and have a desire for something that fills their niche so we take the rough with the smooth now.

We do try to please the community as much as we can within the remit's we're set. When you work for a publisher they do call the shots but EA are giving us more rope this time around and I think things have moved in the direction the community wants."

"The AI is all new. We've worked very hard on it and the general feeling is it rocks."

"As well as the helmet cam there is a more forward positioned cockpit cam. The head physics on the latter a bit less dynamic for us pipe and rocking chair guys."

"This area has all been transformed. We use real time reflections (at runtime fps) blended with an IBL sphere as well as dynamic AO and other trickery. We're pushing the limits of the consoles. The expectation is we'll use more than 95% of all the SPU power of the PS3 as well a maxing out the GPU and PPU."

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 15:07:20 »
Ako se ne varam, ovo iza je Bathurst.

Jedva cekam, ako zbog nicega onda zbog single-player zabave.

"Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed will include the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship & GT3 European Championship among lots of other racing content."

100 staza. PRODANO.

Offline Ikral

• +1
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • Man who wasn't there
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 15:26:42 »
Nista mi ne znace najave, sve smo to prerasli. Daj igru, odn demo, ako valja valja. Ako ne valja, badava sve dzidze.

Offline Ljubusak

• Nordschleife Master
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID Ljubusak
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 15:28:17 »
To sam mislio, igre su poput ženska, prijatelju dok ne probaš neznaš jel' valja.
Zanima me fizika.
STRAST: Snažna emocija koja potpuno ovlada čovjekovim raspoloženjem.
Često se pojavljuje kod igranja Gran Turismo

Offline Dzidza1978

• Guitar Sensei
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN_ID: Dzidza1978
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 15:28:42 »
Nista mi ne znace najave, sve smo to prerasli. Daj igru, odn demo, ako valja valja. Ako ne valja, badava sve dzidze.

Što ti imaš protiv mene???  ;D
PSN_ID: Dzidza1978

Offline Ljubusak

• Nordschleife Master
  • GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID Ljubusak
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 15:29:39 »
Valjda je mislio 'djidje'  ;D
STRAST: Snažna emocija koja potpuno ovlada čovjekovim raspoloženjem.
Često se pojavljuje kod igranja Gran Turismo

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 15:36:54 »
Neka samo minimalno isprave prvi Shift i smanje onaj sulud grip straznjih guma - odnosno naprave ono sto je PC zajednica napravila sa "Real Shift" patchem - i to je to.

Savrsen mix arkade i simulacije za vrhunsku zabavu.

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 16:23:08 »
Neka samo minimalno isprave prvi Shift i smanje onaj sulud grip straznjih guma - odnosno naprave ono sto je PC zajednica napravila sa "Real Shift" patchem - i to je to.

Savrsen mix arkade i simulacije za vrhunsku zabavu.

A što fali "majci svih simulacija", "vožnji svih vožnji", "20/20"? Hoćeš li Shift 2 bar igrati online? Ono, čisto da te se može vidjeti negdje kad te nema u GT-u?