Author Topic: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb  (Read 117617 times)

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
« on: March 31, 2012, 17:37:25 »
The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is the second oldest motor sports race in America and a long-standing tradition in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region. First competed in 1916 and this year marks the 90th running of the "Race to the Clouds."

In 2012, the race will take place on Sunday, July 8 with race related events all week long. Fan Fest, on Friday, July 6 in downtown Colorado Springs, will feature motorcycle jumpers, two beer gardens, a chili cook-off, live bands and the Denver Bronco Cheerleaders and is expected to draw over 35,000 spectators.

The race is run on a 12.42 mile course with 156 turns that begins at 9,390 feet and finishes at the 14,110 foot summit of America’s Mountain; Pikes Peak! As the drivers climb toward the summit, the thin air slows reflexes and saps muscle strength. The thin air also robs engines of 30% of their power at the summit. Competitors and vehicles must be in top shape simply to finish...let alone win!

This year the race has 16 classes and features a variety of automotive, exhibition, open wheel, super stock car, and motorcycle classes with a field approaching 200 competitors.

Race Week begins Tuesday, July 3 with Tech Inspection at Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR) in Fountain, Colorado. Every vehicle undergoes a rigorous inspection with a concentration on safety issues. That evening there will be meetings for all the riders and drivers at the Raceway. Practice and qualifying takes place Wednesday through Friday from 5:30 to 9:30 am on Pikes Peak.

The current record is 09:51.278 and was set by Nobuhiro Tajima in 2011.

There is no other race course in the world like the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. That is why it attracts race crews that are willing to spend several hundred thousand dollars and months of preperation to compete for the right to be the King of the Mountain.

"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."

Ayrton Senna

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Re: Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 17:39:03 »
I odmah prva vijest... http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/walter-rohrl-returns-to-pikes-peak-2012-03-29

BTW staza će po prvi puta biti cijela asfaltirana, tako da rekord gotovo sigurno pada. Negativno je što će vjerojatno biti sve manje stojeva u stilu Escuda itd.

Za otprilike 100 dana počinje...
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else."

Ayrton Senna

Offline toni_cro

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: toni_cro
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 19:47:36 »
a jebo ih asfalt ;D

enivej mislim da to neće spriječiti strojeve poput escuda jer mogu biti itekako brzi i na asfaltu, jedva čekam

biti će zanimljivo i među motorima, možda doživimo i neke R-ove s obzirom da je sve po asfaltu
www.motori.hr

if in doubt, go flat out

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 20:33:37 »
a jebo ih asfalt ;D

enivej mislim da to neće spriječiti strojeve poput escuda jer mogu biti itekako brzi i na asfaltu, jedva čekam

biti će zanimljivo i među motorima, možda doživimo i neke R-ove s obzirom da je sve po asfaltu
definitivno da... ko zna, mozda se i neke formulice pojave na startu.

Ayrton Senna

Offline toni_cro

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: toni_cro
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 21:17:06 »
pa ja očekujem neke prototipove kao što ima po euro hill climb utrkama
www.motori.hr

if in doubt, go flat out

Offline Screamingeagle

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27:51 »
Team APEV and Monster Sports announce EV racer for Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Team APEV (Association for the Promotion of Electric Vehicles) has announced plans to enter an electric vehicle in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.

Details are limited, but the prototype was jointly developed with Monster Sports and will be driven by Nobuhiro Tajima who was won the event for the past six years. Despite the lack of information, the image suggests the car will feature aerodynamic styling, a closed canopy and a massive rear wing.

The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb takes place on July 8th, so expect to learn more in the coming months

Offline Screamingeagle

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 15:44:10 »

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 17:01:45 »
apsolutni kralj... za njega cu navijati, makar da bude u top 10 u unlimited...

Ayrton Senna

Offline Screamingeagle

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 19:53:56 »
Ja sam shvatio u članku da če na stupit samo(ne u race modu).....marketing na djelu  ::)

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 23:26:56 »
Ja sam shvatio u članku da če na stupit samo(ne u race modu).....marketing na djelu  ::)
poznavajuci njega, isto ce ga posteno peglati. Kolko puta se u zivotu dobije takva prilika?

Ayrton Senna

Offline Mr.Steady

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN iD: Jura69
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:35 »
razjebali ameri ovo u potpunosti.

jebo ih nascar da ih jebo da sve bude asfaltirano da njihove škatulje mogu pobjedit.

sreća postoji dirt 1 tamo je pikes peak još kako spada sa asaltom na 2-3 mjesta
beep beep im a jeep!

GT5 Gamercards

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 01:15:18 »
http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc/news_ppihc/5273.html

Tajima prešao u ''electric division'' a račune će pokušati pobrkati ova zgodna plavuša...  ;D

Ayrton Senna

Offline Screamingeagle

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:37:40 »
Mitsubishi i-MiEV Evolution

Mitsubishi has unveiled the i-MiEV Evolution, ahead of its racing debut at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.

Based on the production model, the race car features a tube-frame chassis, an aerodynamic body kit and a prominent rear spoiler. It will be driven by Hiroshi Masuoka, who has previously won the Dakar Rally.

Motivation comes from a 35 kWh battery which powers three electric motors (one front, two rear) that give the model an all-wheel drive system and a combined output of 326 PS (240 kW / 322 hp).

Mitsubishi will also enter an i-MiEV that has been outfitted with a revised front bumper and a roll cage. It will be driven by Beccy Gordon, who is an American off-road racer.
Source: Mitsubishi

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 11:24:48 »
Mogli su jednostavno dati novo ime, jer ovo nije ni blizu i-mievu. Mislim, bar da lici...  ;D

Ocekivao sam i vise od tih elektricnih. Sad me zanima sto Tajima sprema... :)

Ayrton Senna

Offline iced16

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 00:18:40 »
http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc/news_ppihc/5439.html

Odgađa se, ali do kraja lita će biti... :D

Ayrton Senna