Author Topic: [M] METRO: REDUX (2033 + Last Light) - NEXT-GEN ONLY - update u postu #27  (Read 21456 times)

Offline STINGer

• Autohtoni Dalmatinski Grintavac
  • Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Brrrr :)

Metro: Last Light - Enter the Metro - Live Action Short Film (Official U.S. Version)

Offline Troma

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: martin_troma
Re: [M] METRO
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 18:55:39 »
Jel to predecessor Metrou 2033 ili?
Finally, in one sentence, what did Formula One mean to you Mark?
Tricky... It was precision. It was the pinnacle.

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Re: [M] METRO: Last Light
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 19:53:26 »
Ne, nastavak.

Jedna od najboljih FPS igara uopce za ovu generaciju, nazalost je bila samo X360 eksluziva.

Evo proslogodisnji E3 gameplay trailer za ovaj Last Light >>
Obavezno pogledati.

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 22:59:02 »
Evo ga i cover.

Novi gameplay i detalji za tjedan dana, E3 puna prezentacija.

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 19:08:49 »
A i non-public E3 showcase je upravo postao public. FPS godine.

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 13:50:12 »
Metro Last Light COMMANDER Official Trailer

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 13:10:03 »
Metro: Last Light -- Genesis Gameplay Trailer [HD]

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 15:46:39 »

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:17 »

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 13:36:01 »
Preorderano jos u listopadu... ajd, jos malo.

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:06 »
Metro: Last Light - Quest for Dominance Trailer

Offline 0pointEFManipulator

• Stazist Vulgaris
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 00:36:40 »
2033 je strašna igra, jedini joj je problem bila neoptimiziranost...kartica je zviždala ko mlaznjak na mid settingu :)

valjda će sad malo popravit situaciju. kad je stalker već gotova priča, da bar imamo dostojnog reprezenta iz istočnog developerskog bloka.

Offline sagitarius

• GTSurgeons Operator
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:16 »
Evo, izravno neki odgovori na pitanja razna od developera (preneseno s NG):

Ranger Mode - it's included in the initial production run of the game. A pre-order basically guarantees it. But it'll also be available as DLC from day 1.

We live in a world where retail demands you have a pre-order offer in place. We figured this was the least abrasive option. We really wanted to do a cool limited edition, and you can read why that didn't happen here:

http://sticktwiddlers.com/2013/03/21/metro-last-light-interview-guns-gas-masks-gameplay/

Also - Ranger Mode is really suited to a second playthrough, I'd really advise against jumping straight into it. You need to learn the control scheme before we take the HUD/UI away, it's much more complex than 2033 was.

That GameSpot footage - it's from our late November build. That's me playing (yes, with a controller - I think Metro plays better that way) on PC. We used our trailer agency's capture rig, the same machine we use for footage for the trailers. It's packing a single GTX 590. We'll show you some capture from triple SLI Titans at some point...

Yes, we support 360 pads on PC

PS4 etc. - we might, we might not. If we think there's a commercial opportunity for a next-gen version we'll do it. I guess the question is, would a PS4 early adopter want a previously released game, or something new?

re: subtitles when playing in Russian - it just doesn't work trying to display all the ambient conversations as subtitles. There's too much going on. That's why I'd suggest an initial playthrough in your native VO, and save Russian for a subsequent visit (in Ranger mode!?)

re: PS3 version of 2033 - again, something we considered, all comes down to time. Not sure we can justify it commercially now, but not off the table

re: Binary AI (as suggested by the Rev feature) - is not strictly the case. Our (human) AI has multiple states of behaviour, and it's possible to raise suspicion, retreat to the shadows, and the AI will revert to relaxed / on partrol or whatever their neutral state is meant to be (usually with some audio clue - the guard will say 'Must have been my imagination' or similar so you know they have reverted)

re: hiding bodies - no, you cannot. And I hope when you play it, you wont feel like it's missing. I don't think it's necessary to our current stealth model

re: controller vs mouse keyboard...

It really comes down to personal preference. Mine is for controller, just some thoughts why:

I completely get mouse keyboard for twitch FPS like Quake & UT. (And back in '99 / early 2000I lost many, many hours on Quake 3 and the original UT over a 56k modem, thanks to my then astonishing Voodoo graphics card...)

But that pin point accuracy and instant turn speed afforded by mouse keyboard does not feel right to me for the vast majority of more modern shooters. I like the more sluggish aiming, the weightier sense of momentum, and I like the tactile feel of pulling a trigger rather than clicking a mouse to fire. I also find a controller much more comfortable than mouse keyboard for protracted sessions. And lastly, since I sit with a mouse and keyboard in front of me for the vast majority of my working day, I like to use something different for gaming...

These preferences apply to most shooters I play, but they feel even more relevant to Metro, which is slower paced than the duck hunts we're used to. That slower turn speed, less accurate aiming... To me, that helps towards the 'realism' we're trying to build with the game.

I also find for the pupsoes of footage capture, controller looks more naturalistic and less jarring than mouse keyboard.

That's all just me though. Most of the 4A guys are mouse / keyboarders. If that's your thing, you're in good company (and well catered for)...

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 20:19:49 »
Metro: Last Light - The World of the Metro

Offline ribafish

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 19:15:06 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4WSE4za6VE