Author Topic: Race of Champions 2007  (Read 11984 times)

Offline STINGer

• Autohtoni Dalmatinski Grintavac
  • Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
Race of Champions 2007
« on: November 13, 2007, 21:12:43 »
http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Fastest

If all things were equal, who would win in a race between the world's greatest drivers? Would your money be on seven-times Formula One champion Michael Schumacher, reigning NASCAR title holder Jimmie Johnson or double World Rally Championship winner Marcus Grönholm? You could probably argue about this for days. But you don't need to because these three motor sport legends, and 13 others, will be going head-to-head at the awesome 2007 Race of Champions to see exactly who is the best in the business. And the good news is the high-octane event is coming to the UK for the first time.

Wembley

It will be held on Sunday 16th December at the new state-of-the-art Wembley Stadium in London. Visitors will get to witness the biggest names in motor racing battle against each other on parallel tarmac tracks. And to ensure a completely level playing field, the competitors will be using identical performance cars running on the exact same fuel — BP's advanced performance fuel, BP Ultimate Unleaded. The driver that beats all of his opponents will be crowned undisputed Champion of Champions.

Spectators

The 2006 winner Mattias Ekström, DTM German touring car champion, will be back to defend his title which he won at the Stade de France, Paris, last year after a nail-biting final against WRC's Sébastien Loeb. But the move to Wembley will mean more people than ever will be able to witness the jaw-dropping spectacle live thanks to its 80,000-seater capacity. And visitors won't miss any of the action either as the stadium's innovative pillar-less design provides completely unhindered views from every seat.

Rules

This year's Race of Champions will be the 20th in the event's history. Fredrik Johnsson, president of IMP and event organiser, together with female rally driver Michèle Mouton, set up the competition back in 1988 as the battle between the world's best circuit and off-road racing drivers. The rules are simple, by using identical equipment and track, there are no technical advantages or pit-stop strategies so drivers have to prove themselves on talent alone. Each driver competes in a series of knockout heats in their own division to determine their class champion. These winners then go head-to-head in a super final to see who is truly the master of motor sport.

Offline Outsider

• GTS Full Member
  • Gospon Doktor
  • PSN ID - Gantrfaxx
Re: Race of Champions 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 14:41:25 »
Esssssss. Koja ludnica. Će to bit na HTV-u?  ;D

A i Schumacher je stručnjak za formule, može li on u autu parirati ovima koji se i inače utrkuju autima? Ipak je formula malo drugačija za voziti, ne?

Offline turok

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID t_urok99
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 21:00:50 »
O može,može.Ak može nosati Prost pobjeđivati sa Aurisom na ledenim ralyima,onda i kvarni švaba može ovdje.
A došel malo isprobati novi bolid Ferraria i odma pljus najbolje vrijeme.Ko zna,zna.

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 12:15:31 »
http://www.raceofchampions.com/#/1_the_race_of_champions_comes_to_wembley/

Stavljam pare na team Finland ;D

Team Autosport England
Jenson Button Andy Priaulx

Team F1 Racing Scotland
David Coulthard Alister McRae

Team Germany
Michael Schumacher Sebastian Vettel

Team USA
Jimmie Johnson Travis Pastrana

Team France
Sébastien Bourdais Yvan Muller

Team Scandinavia
Tom Kristensen Mattias Ekström

Team Finland
Heikki Kovalainen Marcus Grönholm

Team Norway
Henning Solberg Petter Solberg

Offline turok

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN ID t_urok99
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 19:51:27 »
Koliko vidim radi Šumija bi mogli ubacit i utrke taxijima. ;D

Offline STINGer

• Bog i batina
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 18:14:47 »
Evo ga djeco, da dignemo stari topik za zadnji spektakl ove godine...

U nedjelju, 14.12. u 15.45h EuroSport prenosi Race of Champions. Mislim da se isplati pogledati. Schummi, Vettel, Loeb, Hamilton,...

http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Offline toni_cro

• GTS Full Member
  • Preuvazeni Akademik
  • PSN-ID: toni_cro
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 21:30:00 »
naravno da se gleda, jedva čekam
www.motori.hr

if in doubt, go flat out